When buying sandals, there are some details to pay attention to. Make sure your toes don't hang over the front of the shoe, the same goes for protruding heels. Your foot should fit comfortably in the sandal insert. It's obvious that you choose your sandals in such a way that they are not too big and too small, this is important as long as you do not want your foot to slip out of the shoe while walking.
Even if you think you know your shoe size, measure your feet and compare them against the size chart to make sure they fit properly. Sometimes the size varies by about half, so we encourage you to measure carefully for an optimal fit.
The most common choice of footwear manufacturers is grain leather - cow or calf leather. Of course, there are many other raw materials used in the production of shoes and other fancy goods, such as pig skin, horse skin, sheep skin, snakeskin, etc., but their processing is so time-consuming that the shoes made from them are much more expensive.
The offer of the Europell Group brand includes many leathers ideal for the production of sandals, pumps, boots and many others.
1. Catania - cowhide, full-grain leather, full aniline. Soft to the touch with a silky feel. Described as ideal for footwear, leather accessories, as well as for furniture upholstery. It has a remarkable ability to breathe and has a great grip. Its thickness ranges from 1.6mm to 1.8mm, the raw material is from Australia and its finish is drum color.
2. Tropea - is a semi-aniline cowhide leather. Its face has only been slightly corrected, thanks to which the footwear and other haberdashery products gain a unique character. Tropea is smooth leather with a very good grip. Its thickness is in the range of 1.0-1.1 mm, it is pigmented leather. The Europell Group offer includes over 60 color variants.
3. Positano - semi-aniline cowhide leather. It has natural grain and very high technical parameters - high breathability, smoothness, grip and good resistance to light. Thanks to this, it will be perfect not only in haberdashery, but also in furniture upholstery. In the Europell Group offer, Positano leather can be selected from over 60 colors.
4. Mousse - cowhide leather with natural grain. Mousse has a slightly corrected face and a thickness in the range of 1.2-1.4 mm. The country of origin of the raw material is Europe and Asia.
5. Siena - Fine grain cow leather with a pigmented finish. Thickness: 1.3-1.5mm, very high lightfastness and good friction resistance. In the offer of Europell Group, Siena is available in non-obvious, vivid colors: orange, green, various shades of blue - however, as a manufacturer of natural leather, we are able to create any color at the customer's request.
6. Venezia - Pigmented, embossed, bovine leather. Very soft to the touch, perfect for footwear and leather goods. Thickness range 1.3-1.5, high lightfastness. A very wide selection of color variants.
7. Vernazza - cowhide leather, smooth and soft to the touch. It is characterized by high light fastness, great smoothness, good grip and good light fastness. Over 60 color variants.
Sandals are a type of footwear that will work in many situations. If you're going to the beach or swimming pool, look for flat-soled sandals that are waterproof and quick-drying. Some leathers have many parameters - such as resistance to friction or covered leather, more resistant to water. It is worth choosing the type of sandal that will be resistant to water and sun, and will also provide a feeling of cushioning under your feet. If you get sand on them, you can rinse them with water and they'll dry quickly.
Espadrilles are a good choice for special occasions - available both in fabric and leather, often available in many colors, making them a universal footwear. The original espadrilles are with burlap details around the sole. Jute is a natural, sustainable material used for everything from footwear to home furnishings such as splash mats.
Another type of sandal to consider is all-weather sandals. This footwear is designed to keep your feet comfortable, no matter how many steps you take. Look for details such as a comfortable and soft insole that absorbs shocks and creates a cushioned effect between your feet and the ground. Another feature of sandals typically designed for long hikes is a rubber outsole that provides traction on slippery surfaces. This sandal goes with everything from ladies' khaki shorts to a summer dress.
A night date calls for sandals in a flirty and elegant style. Consider pairing suede wedge sandals with your favorite dress, or opt for suede open-heel sandals with low heels. Often this type of sandal has a strap around the ankle that ensures a perfect fit so that your feet don't slip while walking. In this case, it is worth choosing sandals made of real, natural leather, because its artificial substitutes ("eco" leather, "artificial leather") are not durable, the foot does not breathe in them and is not hypoallergenic. In addition, it destroys very quickly, which makes it not ecological.
Maintaining leather shoes is very important if we care about their longevity. If we have a specialized, tested preparation for the care and cleaning of shoes, it is absolutely not a difficult matter. Proper care will keep your shoes looking good, even if they are worn intensively throughout the season. The best way to clean sandals depends on the material they are made of. Synthetic materials and some natural materials can be cleaned with a mild detergent and warm water, then air dried. A soft bristle brush can be used to remove dirt. Now that you know how to choose a style and care for your sandals, all you have to do is shop!